Look Your Best After Baby’s Birth
Posted by Dr. Tess M.D., F.A.A.D.
Pregnancy can wreak havoc on our skin and body. This can leave us feeling less confident and sometimes downright feeling down in the dumps. An unfortunate fact about being pregnant is that there are limited cosmetic treatments that can be safely done during pregnancy.
In my case, a few years ago, the long 9 months seemed longer as I could not get my regular skin laser treatments and Botox. On top of that, I developed new problems like leg veins, skin tags, new freckles and pigmentation on some body parts, acne and an itchy skin rash all over. Yes, I was a “skin and beauty” mess… and could not wait to deliver my son… for many wonderful reasons of course, but one of them was so I can start my cosmetic overhaul.
The good news is that there are wonderful noninvasive treatments available to new moms (or “not so new” moms) which can really reverse the damage done by pregnancy and give us back our self esteem and confidence. I want to share with all of you my own treatment plan for my post-pregnancy problems.
- Uneveness in Skin Coloration – I had brown spots on my cheeks and redness, especially around my nose, and left over pigmentation from a pregnancy rash on my trunk. A series of Aurora Fotofacial/RF helped even out my skin discoloration.
- Eyebags – For fine lines underneath the eye areas, large pore size and overall tired look, Polaris radiofrequency treatments shrank my pore size, improved skin texture and help tighten the skin all over.
- Wrinkles – I had wrinkles on my forehead and between my brows. In addition, my migraine headaches came back! Botox was the answer to all those problems.
- Acne – Aurora acne laser treatments, acne skin care kit, chemical peel and microdermabrasion helped calm down my skin break-outs.
- Skin Tags – I developed pesky, red, growths, (angiomas). Thankfully those were easily removed with electrocautery.
- Spider Veins – My legs were happy to get some sclerotherapy so I felt comfortable in shorts again.
- Cellulite – VelaShape treatments helped to recontour and smooth out the jiggly skin on my abdomen, thighs and buttocks.
I hope this offers a glimpse of hope for all mothers out there. A rejuvenated you is just a few easy, simple treatments away. Come visit us the dermatology clinic and let’s get started so you can achieve great results, just like I did!
About Dr. Tess M.D., F.A.A.D.My mission is to use my extensive training, expertise, and artistic sense to promote self esteem, build confidence, and improve my patients' quality of life.
Posted on September 4, 2009, in Look Your Best After Baby's Birth, Scripps Ranch Dermatology & Cosmetic Center, Uncategorized and tagged acne, botox, cellulite, Dark Patches on the Face, eyebags, skin tags, spider veins, wrinkles. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.